Your home’s energy usage is important to your comfort – financially and physically. The first step to taking a whole-house energy efficiency approach is to find out which parts of your house use the most energy. A home energy audit will pinpoint those areas and suggest the most effective measure for cutting your energy costs.
A professional home energy audit will reveal how well your home’s energy systems work together and compare the analysis to your utility bills. After gathering information about your home, you will receive a list of recommendations for cost-effective energy improvements and enhanced comfort and safety.
What should happen in a Home Energy Audit?
- Your home’s insulation levels in the attic, exterior and basement walls, ceilings, floors and crawl spaces will be checked.
- Your home will be checked for holes or cracks around the walls, ceilings, windows, doors, light and plumbing fixtures, switches and electrical outlets that can leak air into or out of your home.
- Fireplace dampers in your home will be checked.
- Your home appliances and heating & cooling system will be checked for proper maintenance.
- You’ll discuss your family’s lighting needs and use patterns, paying special attention to high-use areas, and you’ll look for ways to use lighting controls and more efficient lighting options to reduce lighting energy use.
Several of our Carrier Factory Authorized Dealers are certified to conduct an Energy Audit in your home. Inquire with your Carrier Comfort Team dealer about an Energy Audit – you’ll be glad you did!